An increasingly popular district for family-oriented homeowners located in the far east region of Singapore, District 18 is the perfect mix of established town infrastructure, and ongoing rejuvenation developments all rolled into one.
Situated in the far east of Singapore, District 18 includes:
- Tampines: A massive vibrant neighbourhood that has undergone incredible transformative developments in recent years that included a facelift to the town centre, more community facilities, and the development of a commercial business park.
- Pasir Ris: A residential neighbourhood often associated with leisure and recreational activities as it’s home to some of Singapore’s most popular resorts, chalets, and amusement centres.
Parks and Sports Centres
When it comes to parks and green spaces, District 18 has got that going for them with its massive neighbourhood parks.
For Tampines residents, the Tampines Eco Green Park is a great sanctuary to get in touch with nature. Not only does it feature plenty of interesting and diverse habitats like grasslands, secondary rainforest, and wetlands, but it also has biking and hiking trails throughout.
Pasir Ris residents, on the other hand, get to enjoy not only one but two parks! The first is Pasir Ris Town Park which surrounds a massive recreational fishing pond, and the other is the massive 70-hectare Pasir Ris park (one of the largest in Singapore) that borders the coastline. The latter offers a wide variety of activities from water sports to outdoor camping.
When it comes to sporting activities, there’re also plenty of choices to go around, from the Pasir Ris Sports Centre which offers plenty of sporting facilities to Our Tampines Hub (Singapore’s largest integrated community sporting hub).
Schools, Libraries, and Other Public Facilities
One of the most developed regional centres in Singapore, District 18 boasts some of the most up-to-date developments in public amenities among all Singapore’s neighbourhoods.
For instance, in Tampines’s town centre, there are not one but four malls, a regional library, an integrated lifestyle and sporting hub, Our Tampines Hub, a post office, a polyclinic, and many more.
As family-friendly neighbourhoods, both Pasir Ris and Tampines have quite a large number of schools in the vicinity for all age groups – which is quite rare for any one neighbourhood.
- Primary schools include Casuarina Primary School, Loyang Primary School, Pasir Ris Primary School, Park View Primary School, White Sands Primary School, Meridian Primary School, Tampines North Primary School, Chongzheng Primary School, and St. Hilda’s Primary School.
- Secondary schools include Tampines Secondary School, Pasir Ris Secondary School, Pasir Ris Crest Secondary School, Meridian Secondary School, Dunman Secondary School, and Ngee Ann Secondary School, amongst others.
- Pre-tertiary schools include Tampines Junior College, Meridian Junior College, Temasek Polytechnic, and ITE College East.
Food & Beverages (F&B) and Retail Options
To cater to the large townships within District 18, there are a correspondingly large number of F&B and retail options.
For local affordable fare, there’s always nearby food centres like the Tampines Round Market and Food Centre, Hawker centre @ Our Tampines Hub, and Pasir Ris Central Hawker Centre. Alternatively, for air-conditioned comfort and a wider range of cuisines, the malls are a great choice.
When it comes to malls and retail options, there’s plenty to choose from. Just in Tampines central alone, there are 4 massive malls, Tampines Mall, Century Square, Tampines 1, and Our Tampines Hub. Whereas in Pasir Ris, there’s White Sands Shopping Mall, Elias Mall, and Downtown East!
Good Connectivity Via Public Transport
Even though District 18 is in the far west, it is currently served by two MRT lines, the East-West (Pasir Ris and Tampines MRT station) and Downtown Line (Tampines West and Tampines East MRT station), with a future Cross Island Line in the works!